About our attorney, Mark Pierce: Mr. Pierce became interested in this field as a result of his experiences as a young man. He watched as this business and inheritance was devoured by government intervention, estate taxes and divorce. This interest has been honed in 30+ years experience as an attorney, accountant and business person.
Skilled businessman, accountant and attorney with extensive experience in diverse areas of the law, including bankruptcy, corporations, estate planning, limited partnerships, limited liability companies, mergers and acquisitions, oil and gas, securities, tax, transportation and real estate. Essentially, a life-time planning and preserving estates; primarily through complex tax and state law planning strategies, but also through experience with debtor/creditor relationships and bankruptcy.
Highlighted Business Achievements:
Highlighted Legal Achievements:
- Assisted in developing and managing from 1989 until 2000 a publicly and then privately-held software company which grew from a start up in 1986 to over $50M in sales by 1999, two years after our sale of the entity but while still working for the new owners.
- Acquired in 2004 and grew systemically, and via acquisitions, a transportation company with local, interstate and international operations. This required a complete retooling of management, staff and operations and the creation of a cultural environment devoted to service. The company had $3.2M in gross revenues in 2003 which topped at $11.6M in 2009.
- Worked in the estate planning section of a large multi-national law firm for two years representing the interests of three large, old east coast families. This rotation was done under the auspices of one of the most highly respect estate planning attorneys in the business at the time.
- Drafted registration statements and assisted in bringing effective approximately 15 initial public offerings and 10 secondary offerings from 1983 through 2000, drafted offering memorandums for approximately 40 private placements and managed approximately ten mergers/acquisitions. Represented numerous public companies in their Exchange Act filings, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, 13D and Forms 3 and 4 and in developing their Exchange Act compliance procedures.
- CEO and Owner - Sunset Moving & Storage - Fort Lauderdale, FL: 2004 to 2011
- Partner and In-House Counsel - Coral Companies - Denver, CO, and San Jose, CA: 1989 to 2000
- Associate -Ballard, Spahr, Andrews & Ingersoll - Denver, CO: 1983 to 1989
- JD University of Colorado - Boulder, CO (1983)
- Moot Court Competition
- Top 15% Class Rank